This course has been designed to familiarise Maintenance Engineers with the many different aspects associated with the operation and maintenance of the GE Fanuc programmable controllers.
Where possible, application specific exercises, actual drawings and programs listings are used to allow the students to gain the greatest possible benefit from the course.
To introduce students to the concepts and operation of GE Fanuc programmable controllers, including the following areas:
- Locate and replace faulty modules.
- Reload programs.
- I/O Fault finding.
- Fault finding on Genius communication links.
- Implement small changes to the program.
- Using VersaPro machine edition to connect online and monitor programs to determine plant problems.
- The hardware architecture VersaMax controllers.
- I/O Modules and wiring.
- Hardware configuration.
- Addresses used in the controllers VersaMax.
- Program structure, creating blocks and block declaration.
- First steps with the programmer.
- Quick keys used on the programmer for:
Mode selection, run/stop.
- Creating a Folder.
- Loading and save Folders to the PLC.
- Online monitoring and searching.
- Using and creating program documentation.
- Editing and modifying programs.
- Instruction set:
Relay, maths, move, compare and logic functions.
- Copying and backing up folders.
- Analogue modules and analogue scaling.
- Introduction to Genius communications.
- Concept of System bits.
- Data monitoring using the reference tables.
- Forcing Facilities.
- Other communication options.
- Faulting tables.
- Diagnosis and resetting faults.
- Documentation using the variable declaration and rung comments.
- Application exercises on your plant exercises.
GE Fanuc Cimplicity
- GE Fanuc 90-70
- GE Fanuc 90-30
- Proficy Machine Edition
- GE RX3i PLC Training